Practice Transformation Institute is offering classes designed to educate health care professionals in the specifics of primary care management. The purpose of the course is to provide health care team members with a general knowledge base and skill set to enable care management and coordination to patients with mild to moderate illness. The ultimate goals are to control and minimize the risks associated with chronic conditions, while helping prevent the development of chronic conditions in at-risk patients.
- Introduction to Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and PCMH-Neighborhood
- Introduction to Care Management
- Wagner’s Care Model
- Shared Decision Making
- Communication and Team Building
- Motivational Interviewing
- Health Literacy, Cultural Competency and End of Life Care
- Evidence Based Guidelines
- Transitions in Care
- Health Coaching
High Intensity Care Manager Training (HICM) – The program is built on the care manager training, but with a focus on the needs of the high risk or geriatric patient. Are you interested? click here!