Practice transformation realigns an office to become patient-centric. This is a tough job for a practice to accomplish as it takes a lot of time, effort and patience. All team members need to be engaged in the transformation process to make it a success. If a practice wanted to be formally recognized for their efforts, there are many PCMH recognition programs at the state and national levels.
One of the reasons that PTI recommends URAC’s Patient Centered Health Care Home (PCHCH) Practice Achievement Program is because it requires a comprehensive onsite review. Only through a physical onsite can a true culture change and transformation to a PCMH model of care be determined. This cannot be done by uploading paperwork to a website.
An onsite review:
- Determines behavior change
- Reveals adaptation to the PCMH philosophy
- Shows how your team has transformed
- Validates how your policies, procedures, processes and documents support the URAC PCHCH Standards and Elements
- Establishes how the practice monitors quality improvement activities
The objectives of practice transformation are to become a better practice, a better online casinos in UK team and a cheerleader for your empowered and engaged patients. Don’t just go through the motions. Improving quality of care is the primary goal. Let that be your inspiration.